Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cars

Some guys tried to steal my car yesterday afternoon - it was parked outside the guesthouse. Not big news and I'm glad that's all that happened. There are street guards all over the suburbs and one stopped them actually taking the car.
Then some big Boer in a 4x4 chased them as they sped off in their get away car - I'm not sure what he was hoping to achieve. When the police arrived they were very unimpressed because the Boer hadn't got a registration number.

I went to the police station and the Sergeant wrote out a statement by hand which I signed. I sat while he wrote and watched the policemen walking around with guns in their belts. On the way back he told me that the police station covers 13 suburbs and has 3 police cars to do it. And there I was being driven home.

So I'm marooned at the guesthouse until a replacement car can be delivered. The group will be taking down the exhibition today.

No comments: